Friday, October 09, 2009

Realy Important man-55

Flash Fiction 55
Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55.Here is today's story:

The Really Important Man

He worked with some of the best weekly programs.
Usually you only read his name in the credits.
But he was on the Letterman show talking to the star.
He had the star in stitches.

He was very, very good at what he did.
His work made the show.
He was a truly great



tailor.





Since I discovered it was okay I am writing a second flash 55 which will be a continuous story but a complete story every week. Here then is the twenty sixth chapter in the exciting ongoing adventures of Sir Laughsalot and Robberhood
The entire story to date is HERE
The most recent chapters are HERE

Sir Laughsalot knows who is robbing the castle of good King Underwear
Tis another noble Knight.
The knight robs by dark of night.
But Sir Laughsalot will never tell.
He is prevented by the code.
It is an ancient code.
Every knight is bound by it.
It is the code of the thin metal line.

Of course the dragons were busy today you can see them HERE.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done. A Tailor...I kept trying to guess who it was...Clever. And I think that's a good code to have to follow myself. Have a great weekend :)

quilly said...

He keeps the star in stitches! Very good, Dr. John.

Hootin Anni said...

I love how each week you have your 55 using such clever plays on words!!!


Mine's posted below my Friday Show n Tell...it's kinda creepy this week.
Here's the link
Click for my 55

Nessa said...

I hope Sir Laughsalot's metal isn't too thin. That could be dangerous in battle.

Anonymous said...

Great twist on words! (Again!)

You will find my 55 HERE. Have a great weekend.

Chef Kar

Dulçe ♥ said...

You are great at this doctor. Both really good, don't know which i prefer..
Nice weekend Knight of knights :)

anthonynorth said...

It would be a very different world without him :-)
Enjoyed that.

Alice Audrey said...

A tailor of tales, perhaps?

Brian Miller said...

nice. ejoyed both. have to go back and catch up on Laughsalot...the thin metal line....great stuff. have a wonderful weekend!

Susan at Stony River said...

A tailor keeping them in stitches, well done! LOL

I'm shocked at Sir Laughsalot's secret-keeping but well, a code's a code I suppose! Can't he stop the man?

Enjoyed your 55s!

Head Cookie said...

Loved both your posts. I was trying to see if I could figure out who it was by the pic then a light came on the tailor lol very nicely done. Love the thin metal line lol. Have a great weekend and thanks for checking out my post.

jabblog said...

I like your way with words - very neat!

Jessie said...

they were both entertaining for sure.

thank you for visiting my blog. there is a current (different than the Personal Memory one you responded to) 55 up. I hope you come by and check it out. Maybe leave a comment ...

clean and crazy said...

the one nobody talks about, the tailor!!! great ending

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

The Tailor, didn't even see it coming. Sir Laughsalot, thin metal line,

Both were great today.

g-man said...

Doc...You got more twists than a pretzel.
Excellent 55 My Friend...
Thanks for visiting and supporting other 55er's as well.
Have a Great Week-End...G

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

The Tailor had him in STITCHES! You are so clever, again. ♥♥♥

lime said...

as the daughter of a seamstress i have a great fondness for this one!

Donnetta said...

Very neat twist! What a cool blog. Like your writing! Thanks for visiting me. D

Akelamalu said...

You always get me with that last line Dr. John! LOL

Mona said...

LOL! I can never ever guess where you are getting at! :D

Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

Hi Dr. John, the fact that I'm an Aussie is probably the reason I only get the Tailor and keeping them in stitches bit...but Sir Laughsalot is excellent. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my 55. :))