Thursday, December 17, 2009

Flash 55-Rats

Flash Fiction 55
Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55. Here is today's:

The poor postal worker found vermin among the packages on the large porcelain basin where the packages were sorted.

That was early Tuesday morning.
The exterminator came on Thursday
but there wasn't an animal to be found.
They were very confused until they remembered the old saying that



rats will always leave a shipping sink.


Since I discovered it was okay I am writing a second flash 55 which will be a continuous story but a complete story every week. Here then is the thirty seventh chapter in the exciting ongoing adventures of Sir Laughsalot and Robberhood.

The entire story to date is HERE
The most recent chapters are HERE


Looking around and seeing nobody Sir Laughsalot said:
" Robert I need a favor"
The big dragon responded:
" Well I owe you one"
"You do indeed,. I need an already dead dragon".
"You want me to get you an already dead dragon?"
"Right"
" I'll wait three hills over, North".
"Okay!" and the big dragon flew off.

Of course the dragons were busy today you can see them HERE.

16 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice twist to the laughsalot tale! intrigued as to the next move...shipping sink...lol. nice 55!

mine is up!

Dulçe ♥ said...

Great ONE!

Hootin Anni said...

LOL....you're always so clever.

MY 55 is all about snow suits and the urge....come see HERE

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Jessie said...

nice 55's! do the dragons have a traitor in the airspace??

hmmm....

Susan at Stony River said...

Where's the poor dragon going to find a dead dragon? Yikes.

But I'm glad the rats are gone! LOL

clean and crazy said...

awesome!! looks like we are all playing catch up this week!!

Head Cookie said...

Dr. John,

I always look forward to your 55's they are very well done. Love sir laughsalot. Mine is up and have a great weekend.

Melli said...

*Grooooan* ... LOL!

I am so far behind on your 55's that I have NO idea why Sir Laughsalot would need an already dead dragon... but I hope Bob gets it for him! (who ever heard of a dragon named ROBERT???)

Alice Audrey said...

LOL! Another groaner.

Akelamalu said...

Dr. John I look forward so much to your Friday 55 and you NEVER let me down! LOL

Nikki (Sarah) said...

the vermine...ooow. great 55

hope said...

Can Laughsalot put wings on the dead rodent?

As always, you make me grin. Thanks! Here's wishing you and yours a joyful Christmas!

Nara Malone said...

Love the shipping sink :)

Felicitas said...

John, you really are the master of word play! Well done 55s!

Anonymous said...

Shipping sink - oh that's terrible. ;-) Love your 55's always.

Nishant said...

.you're always so clever.

Work From Home