Friday, November 06, 2009

Flash55- Another Pun

Flash Fiction 55
Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55.Here is today's story:


The son of then South Korean President Syngman Rhee was hired as a Life Magazine correspondent.
The younger Rhee loved to drink
and on one occasion, Rhee was missing for three days .
Finally a policeman checking a tavern
, found the young man man and cried,



"Ah, Sweet Mr. Rhee of Life, at last I've found you."




Since I discovered it was okay I am writing a second flash 55 which will be a continuous story but a complete story every week. Here then is the thirty first chapter in the exciting ongoing adventures of Sir Laughsalot and Robberhood.

The entire story to date is HERE
The most recent chapters are HERE
Sir Day the Knight applied for admission to the square table.
But only for the day shift.
He was a day Knight , not a night Knight.
At night the Knight Sir Day had no sight and couldn't fight.
King Underwear waited a day to say it was okay.
Thus Knight Day became a day Knight .


Of course the dragons were busy today you can see them HERE.

21 comments:

Nessa said...

It's like who's on first. My head hurts.

Flash 55 - Holiday Preparations

Brian Miller said...

i have often wondered about that Mr. Rhee...lol. nice 55 and love the night knight day knight tale.

mine is up.

CJ said...

One of Life's Sweet Mr. Rhees is figuring out the Days and Knights of your other 55!

Loved them both.

Check out my 55 HERE.

Anonymous said...

How do you do this week after week. Loved it!

My 55 is posted: Flash 55 ~ Awakening

Dulçe ♥ said...

I love your Knight stories. This> my fave!

Tall Kay said...

The mystery was finally solved! I just love your clever 55's so much. Thanks for stopping by and for playing each week.

Bubbie said...

Clever clever clever. I'm so grateful my head doesn't think that way - but glad yours does! Very entertaining reads!

Shadow said...

mr. 'life' ain't living it seems. great 55...

Alice Audrey said...

LOL. Groan. LOL.

Good one.

anthonynorth said...

I've been in search of the mystery of life for so long. Thank you for finally providing it :-)

Enchanted Oak said...

(Sound of much laughter)
Were you a Lutheran pastor? If so, you must have had the congregation in stitches.
Come by my 55.

Lou said...

Groan...laughter...groan..;)

inappropriatesue said...

Very interesting! Thanks for visiting :)

Susan at Stony River said...

I laughed out loud! I never saw that coming at all but can just *hear* it!
ROFL

G-Man said...

Doc...We all have to be famous for something.
You've made your bed...
Now lay in it for 55 years!
55 Excellently Whimsical years I might add!!
Have a Great Week-End.....G

lime said...

you crack me up every week with these punny submissions.

Akelamalu said...

OH my word you're good! I so look forward to the play on words but can never pre guess them. You're a genious!

Felicitas said...

Ah, Dr. John, your 55 is a Rhee of sunshine on this cloudy day!

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Sweet Mr. Rhee of Life Too Funny,

Both were good

hope said...

Friday 55s would be awfully boring without you! :) And there's something special about groaning and giggling at the same time.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Mona said...

LOL! Ree of Life :D :D

That is classic!