Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dirty Bird



Flash Fiction 55
Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55.Here is today's story:



The Tern is a dirty bird.
It messed up the town.
They wanted it gone.

But they were very hard to get rid of.

For loud noise and gunshots didn't work.
You had to hit them with a rock.
Thus it was that over the city hall the town motto read



Leave no Tern unstoned




Since I discovered it was okay I am writing a second flash 55 which will be a continuous story but a complete story every week. Here then is the thirty third chapter in the exciting ongoing adventures of Sir Laughsalot and Robberhood.

The entire story to date is HERE
The most recent chapters are HERE



In the great fight between Knight Day and Knight Nite , Nite defeated Day, which darkened Day's day.
Nite took Day's seat at the square table.
So we now had :
Seat one- The Shining Knight
Seat two -the One legged Knight
Seat three- Knight Nite
Seat Four-Knight Day
Seat Twelve- Knight Laughsalot
Sir Laughsalot stopped laughing.

28 comments:

Susan at Stony River said...

Poor terns! And poor Sir Laughsalot!

We have terns everywhere around here -- the next time I'll see one I'll laugh, I know it.

Thanks Dr. John!

Brian Miller said...

a tern unstoned...reall i never tire of it. lol. funny 55.

and poor laughsalot stopped laughing, i guess he will have to change his name?

mine is up!

Anonymous said...

I have to say I saw that one coming ~ nonetheless, I still got a chuckle and a grin.

Mine is up.

Friday Flash 55 ~ The Boy on The Metro

smarmoofus said...

*groans dutifully* Actually, I laughed. But you said it was a groaner, so I thought I'd do my part. That's really funny!

Happy 55!
-smarmoofus

inappropriatesue said...

I'm groaning in laughter! Great 55! I'll be up at midnight :)
Happy 55!

G-Man said...

Doc...I expect nothing less from you.
I'm Groanin Here!
Excellent 55 Oh Exhaulted Punster!
Thanks for the Friday Smile, and have a Great Week-End...G

Janna said...

(!!!)
Groan! :)

Funny and good and bad at the same time! I like it. :)

Great 55.

Mine is posted here.

Monkey Man said...

Another Shaggy Dog. Very funny. My 55 is HERE.

This Blog Of Mine said...

leave no tern unstoned I'll have to remember that one Dr John.
Mine is up also you'll find it below.

Kingfisher

anthonynorth said...

You're an expert at the word play. Excellently done.

Hootin Anni said...

Doc? You truly have a gift with twisting words. You DO know, don't you, that after all the play ---they darned well make a whole lotta sense!!!


Mine's posted HERE if you'd like to visit. Just scroll down below my Friday's Show n Tell.

Happy weekend to you and yours.

Gypsy Lala said...

It is fun to read your 55 words story, first time to visit this blog, used to read the other, http://fortresslinna.blogspot.com/. Dr John is an expert at the word play, totally agree with Anthony.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

lol. yep a groaner. Sarah

Dulçe ♥ said...

Good you are Oh yes.
thank you dr for your always cute writing

Ed & Jeanne said...

Ha! A groaner indeed. Funny...I always thought that was "Leave no teen unstoned"

Jessie said...

so how did it all tern out?

smiles and smirks,

Mona said...

LOL! No stone will be left unterned either :D

You are So clever!

Enchanted Oak said...

Argggg!
My sexy 55 is up and will knock your socks off.

Nessa said...

Still giggling over your first 55.

Who's in seats 5 - 11?

Flash 55 - Favors

Maude Lynn said...

Tern Unstoned . . . oh, my!

Anonymous said...

You are feeling better LOL. Well done my friend. Both of them are just wonderful. I can't wait to see who occupies the other seats LOL

Akelamalu said...

You did it again! I never groan your 55s always make me laugh Dr. John. :)

Nara Malone said...

Still laughing. I really enjoyed your 55s Dr. John.

Lulda Casadaga said...

I have rocks in my head...:D
But I'm laughing! Nice job!!

Felicitas said...

You always make me laugh! Terrific 55!

clean and crazy said...

he,he,he, i love these silly jokes of yours!!! great 55, mine is up too.

hope said...

The bigger the groaner, the bigger my smile. :)

Hope you're feeling better today...you always make my day.

Head Cookie said...

This made me laugh and has a smile on my face you are oh so very clever. I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving. My 55 is four days late but its up.